Pupil services are an integral part of the educational process. Our Pupil Services team provides direct services for children and youth, especially those who are experiencing problems that create barriers to learning. Pupil Services are services that enable students to benefit from the instructional program, such as, nursing, guidance, psychology, gifted education, special education, ESL, related services (occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, physical therapy, vision support, assistive technology, etc.), Chapter 504 Student Service Plans, and other programs such as student assistance, homebound instruction, and instruction in the home.
Pupil services staff serves all children in the district, including general education students, students with disabilities, students with medical conditions, students who are homeless, students at-risk academically, socially, and emotionally, and students who are gifted.
Areas that Pupil Services Support:
- Counseling, psychological, or health services that support students in addressing academic, behavioral, health, personal, or social developmental issues.
Diagnostic, Intervention, and Referral Services
- Identify barriers that limit a students’ success in school, engage in activities to limit or eliminate those barriers, refer to school-based professionals or community-based assistance.
Consultation and Coordination Services
- Partnerships with parents, families, staff, and community resources to address barriers to educational objectives.
- Alternative Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Gifted Education
- Homebound Instruction/Instruction in the Home
- Nursing and Health Services
- Registration/School Enrollment
- Related Services (occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, physical therapy, vision support, assistive technology, etc.)
- School Psychology
- Section 504 Student Service Plans
- Special Education
- Student Assistance
- Transition Services
Dr. Rene’ Reese, Director of Pupil Services
Ms. Lisa Roy, Pupil Services Administrative Assistant
Ms. Brooke Ott, Registrar/Transportation