Right-to-Know Records Officer
Andrew Potteiger, Superintendent of Schools
You may request information by mail or in person to:
Brandywine Heights Area School District
200 W. Weis St.
Topton, PA 19562
The Right to Know Law, Act 3 of 2008
What you should know about this act:
Request for Access
A request for access to a public record shall be submitted to the district’s open records officer.
Requests must be submitted in writing, in person, by mail, by facsimile, or by e-mail. Verbal requests will not be accepted.
Each request must include the following information:
1. Identification of the requested record, in sufficient detail.
2. Medium in which the record is requested.
3. Name and address of the person to receive the district’s response.
Response to Request
The Superintendent, Business Manager or designee shall review the request and respond within five (5) business days of receiving the request.
If the district determines that the request will be granted, a response shall be sent within five (5) business days. The response shall include the regular business hours of the district office, the medium in which the record is provided, and the assessed fees.
If the district determines that more than five (5) business days are required to respond to the request, in accordance with the exceptions stated in law, notice shall be sent indicating that the request is being reviewed, and a date when the response will be provided.
Denial of Request
If the district denies a request for access to a public record, a response shall be sent within five (5) business days of receiving the request. The response denying the request shall include the following:
1. Description of the record requested.
2. Specific reasons for denial, including a citation of supporting authority.
3. Name, title, business address and telephone number, and signature of the employee who denied the request, or e-mail reply with heading of designated responder.
4. Date of the response.
5. Procedure to appeal denial of access.
The district shall not deny access to a public record based on the intended use by the requester.